The Comic Book Observatory

[Saturday, August 08, 2009]

Wizard Word Comic Con Day 2

You"ll have to excuse my lack of coverage from the first day. Due to family obligations and some very uncooperative weather and traffic, I cut my losses and stayed home!!

Day two offered me a ton of photo's and with the obvious absence of the biggest publishers in comics (Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, IDW) there was a very different feel in the air. For the first time in four years I found myself not chasing panels and stars, but I was chasing down issues to complete some series and runs that have needed it. I think I got some fantastic deals too. Here's what today netted me:

The Demon #2 1980's Matt Wagner Mini x2---- .50
The Demon Driven Out #4,5,6 -----.25 a piece
The Micronaughts #1,2,3,4 ----- .50 a piece
Kamandi Last Boy On Earth 29,30,31,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40---- .50 a piece
The Demon (Kirby) #2---- $1.5
Moon Knight (!st series) #1,3,4----$1 a piece
Tor #5 (Current Series)----- .50
Astounding Wolfman #2 ----- .25
DMZ 11,12,13------ .25 a piece
ION #2----- .50

I'm pretty happy that I got started on some series and got closer to closing a few out for an awesome overall price. Tomorrow should be much better when the haggling really begins in earnest. Hopefully I'll get around to posting pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Chuck

0 comments: